Ralph S. Palmer
News & Publications:
- Ralph Palmer Named Super Lawyer and Top 100 Lawyer for 2013 July 15, 2013
- Personal Injury Attorneys of Palmer O’Dea Featured in Mpls St. Paul Magazine August 1, 2012
- Ralph Palmer Named Super Lawyer for 2012 July 16, 2012
Ralph Palmer is a life-long resident of Roseville, Minnesota. He received his B.S. Degree in business from the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota in 1973, and his J.D. Degree from William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota, in 1977. Mr. Palmer was a solo practitioner from 1977 through 1999 when he joined the law firm of Palmer, Cody & O’Dea. Since 1984 the primary area of practice of Mr. Palmer has been personal injury and insurance issues.
Mr. Palmer has a broad background in the personal injury area. He has handled wrongful death claims, fall down cases, and liquor liability claims, with an emphasis on representing Plaintiffs in automobile/motorcycle type accidents. Since approximately 1985 he has litigated at least 50 – 100 such claims per year by way of jury trial, arbitration, or Court trial.
Mr. Palmer is licensed to practice law in the State of Minnesota and Wisconsin, and is admitted to the Federal Bar for the District of Minnesota. He is a member of the Minnesota Association for Justice, the Minnesota State Bar Association, and the Wisconsin State Bar Association. He has been recognized as being a Super Lawyer from 2000 through the present time. Since 2006, Mr. Palmer was named as one of the top “40 Super Lawyers” in the State of Minnesota by Minneapolis Law & Politics magazine. Mr. Palmer also serves as an arbitrator for American Arbitration Association No-Fault Panel.
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 1973;
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota, 1977.
- Minnesota Bar
- Minnesota Federal Bar
- Wisconsin Bar
Groups and Associations
- Minnesota Association for Justice
- Minnesota State Bar Association (MSBA)
- Wisconsin State Bar Association (WSBA)
Honors and Awards:
- Palmer Law Firm– Founder1977 through 2000Ralph began his legal career by establishing a private law firm where an he emphasized trial work that involved business disputes, criminal matters and insurance disputes. Throughout his time working in civil litigation, Ralph began to focus his practice on matters that involved personal injury and insurance disputes.
- Palmer, Cody & O’Dea, LLC – Founding Partner
2000 through 2008Ralph, Rich and another attorney established a four attorney law firm and continued to represent clients in personal injury, insurance and other civil litigation matters.
- Palmer O’Dea, LLC– Founding Partner2007 through PresentRich and Ralph re-organized their previous law firm in order to enhance their representation of their personal injury, insurance, and civil litigation clients. Rich also continues to manage the day-to-day business affairs of the law firm.