Eric M. Palmer
News & Publications:
- Minnesota Law on Texting and Driving (Minn. Stat. 169.475) January 15, 2013
- The Dangers of Texting and Driving Featured on NBC’s Rock Center January 15, 2013
- Personal Injury Attorneys of Palmer O’Dea Featured in Mpls St. Paul Magazine August 1, 2012
Eric Palmer was born and raised in St. Paul, Minnesota. He received his B.A. degree in Economics from St. Olaf College, Northfield, Minnesota, in 2004, and his J.D. degree from University of St. Thomas School of Law, Minneapolis, Minnesota, in 2007.
Eric practices law primarily in the area of civil litigation. He handles a variety of civil claims, including auto-related No-Fault and liability claims, premises liability claims and dram shop liability claims.
- St. Thomas School of Law, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Juris Doctor, 2007.
- St. Olaf College, Northfield, Minnesota, Economics (B.A.) w/ Management concentration, 2004;
- Minnesota Bar – Admitted October 2007
Honors and Awards
- Minnesota Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2012
Groups and Associations:
- Minnesota Association for Justice;
- Minnesota State Bar Association (MSBA).
Sexual Abuse Victim
Mr. Palmer and Richard D. O’Dea represented an individual that was the victim of sexual abuse at the hand of his childhood pastor and spiritual adviser over the course of a 6-year period. After the defendant pled guilty to sexual misconduct in the fourth degree, Mr. Palmer obtained a $680,000 civil verdict on behalf of the victim. The victim was diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder as a result of the longstanding instances of abuse he was subjected to by the defendant.
35W Bridge Survivor
Mr. Palmer represented an individual that was on the center the Highway 35W bridge when it collapsed on August 4, 2007. In terms of physical injuries, the individual miraculously received only a permanent knee injury; however, the client was in need of compensation for future mental counseling relating to post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) that onset shortly following the tragedy.
Victim of a Drunk Driver
Mr. Palmer represented an individual that was the victim of a habitual drunken driver. At the time of the accident, the defendant had a blood alcohol concentration (“BAC”) over twice the legal limit and made an illegal left-hand turn into the plaintiff’s vehicle. The individual received a favorable jury verdict in Hennepin County.