The United States Consumer Product Safety Commission (“CPSC”) issues regular updates on their website regarding recalls of unsafe and defective products. The following is a syndication of the most recent product recalls, which is administered by the CPSC. For more information, please visit the CSPC website or visit their website dedicated to listing all product recall notices. You may also search search all product recall notices
Recent Recalls and Product Safety News
- Academy Sports + Outdoors Recalls Girls BCG Hooded Windsuits Due to Strangulation Hazard
Hooded windsuits have drawstrings around the neck area. Children can become tangled in neck and waist drawstrings in upper outwear.
- Denver Global Products Recalls Multi-Purpose Yard Vehicles Due to Laceration, Fire Hazards; Sold Exclusively at Lowe’s Stores (Recall Alert)
The mower blades can detach during use or start without being activated by the operator. Also the vehicle can move forward unexpectedly and the fuel lines can leak.
- Wearever Girl’s Hooded Jacket Sets Recalled by David’s Place Due to Strangulation Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Burlington Coat Factory
The girls' long sleeve hooded jackets and pant sets have drawstrings through the hood.
- Manhattan Group Recalls Baby Rattles Due to Choking Hazard
The colored arches on the infant toy can break, creating a small part.
- SRAM Recalls Derailleurs for Bicycles Due to Fall Hazard
The SRAM RED WiFLi Rear Derailleur that moves the bike chain gears on the rear wheel can jam.
- K2 Sports Recalls Kickboards/Scooters Due to Fall Hazard
The front assembly on the K2 Revo Kick can break and the handle can detach and cause a rider to lose control or balance.